Friday, February 8, 2013

Unmount VMtools Installer with Orchestrator

Here is a super-saucy Vmware Orchestrator workflow to un-mount the VMtools installer from all the VMs in a cluster you choose.  I have been working tirelessly on it these last couple of days and got it to a point where it is successful!  I needed this workflow because I manage 140 VMs and when I patch or update the 9 hosts in the cluster, the VMs start complaining about their tools being out of date.  I created another script for updating all the VMs tools in the clusters (here), but as many VMware admins will attest to, the Linux VMs don't always unmount after upgrading.  Thats where this workflow will come in!

The workflow is here for you to download.  ***RUN AT YOUR OWN RISK***

Here is a snapshot of the workflow:



Happy Virtualizing!

No comments:

Post a Comment