Sunday, June 2, 2013

Copy & Paste in VCenter Vsphere

I recently read a post on a blog by Francesco at thevirtualway.it  It tells how to configure your VM's in vcenter for copy & paste.  This can be super annoying in some regards if you use the Vcenter to go to the console of a VM.  It was one of those things that bugs me when I need to do it and can't, but know its possible.  I just had it way far down on my "to do list" and it never moves up on that list because its such a low priority.  Because of this I never had time to dig into how to fix this.  Thanks to Francesco posting at a online group I subscribe to, I saw it come up in my email and now its a quick fix for me and one worth passing along!

To do this you need to SSH access to the host and add these entries to the file /etc/vmware/config 
vmx.fullpath = "/bin/vmx"
isolation.tools.copy.disable="FALSE"
isolation.tools.paste.disable="FALSE"
You will need to Shutdown and power-on the virtual machine for changes to take effect.

No comments:

Post a Comment